Statement of Client Rights
To help prevent any misunderstandings between you and the law firm, please read this section carefully.
The “10 Basic Rights,” tells what you, as a client, should expect either by law or by custom.
10 BASIC RIGHTS
When I retain a lawyer, I am entitled to one who:
- WILL be capable of handling my case.
- WILL represent me zealously and seek any lawful means to present or defend my case.
- WILL preserve my confidences, secrets or statements which I reveal in the course of our relationship.
- WILL give me the right to make the ultimate decision on the objectives to be pursued in my case.
- WILL charge me a reasonable fee and tell me, in advance of being hired and upon my request, the basis of that fee.
- WILL show me courtesy and consideration at all times.
- WILL exercise independent professional judgment in my behalf, free from compromising influences.
- WILL inform me periodically about the status of my case and, at my request, give me copies of documents prepared.
- WILL exhibit the highest degree of ethical conduct.
- WILL refer me to other legal counsel, if he or she cannot properly represent me.
The material above represents general legal advice. Since the law is continually changing, some provisions may, or may not apply to you. Some provisions may have exceptions you need to be aware of. It is always best to consult an attorney about your legal rights and responsibilities regarding your particular case.
Please contact us to discuss any specific situation or needs you may have to see how we may be able to assist in reaching a resolution. We offer a free thirty (30) minute consultation to see if we can help.